Saturday, May 31, 2014

The mixture of struggles and blessings of a missionary life in Kigali

Dear family and friends,
Today is the last month of May and I am very grateful that I have made it this far in my journey.
the last two weeks have been intense that I could not stand the feeling of loneliness and stress.
In the last two weeks TTR has dealt with a loss , accidents, and hospitalization. In all this I was around  and watching and to be honest it was very hard for me but I am very grateful that God was with us all along and he helped us and walked us through it all.
I have been meeting the girls mostly every Saturdays and sharing with them, they are all doing great now and attending school as normal.
 Gaudance is a 19 years old girl who just lost her new born baby and as you can imagine she is still grieving but I was surprised to see her smiling the other day and she was talking to me in a normal voice.
she came to me holding her bible, seeing her I could not find any words to tell her so I decided to wait for her to talk and as she looked at me somehow she knew i had no words to say and all of a sadden she asked me "can I go back to school?" I told her yes with out thinking considering it had only been a week since she lost a baby and I asked her to have a seat and talk to me.
she told me "I have been reading my bible and praying just like you and Juliet advised and I believe that God wants me to be happy" i simply said "indeed"
we talked about what she wanted to be in the future and what kind of school she wanted to attend and by the end of our conversation she and I had decided that she will be doing Technical school since she wants to learn how to sew and sewing is not taught in regular schools.
On the same day Gaudance lost her baby and only few hours apart Kimoto(the boys uncle) was involved in accident that left him badly injured and had been in the hospital since them and waiting for surgery.
I was called to come and take him to the Hospital as soon as I dropped off Gaudance and Mama Amani(girls auntie) to a different hospital. I have never in my life had to deal with double injured people and I just busted out and started crying telling Juliet I can't do it, I can do two different things at the same time, I can't deal with death but I realize I was being selfish I was only thinking about myself and my needs and I needed to pray and ask God for wisdom and guidance and with his help I overcame my fears and tried to figure out what to do.
 Kimoto is somehow feeling better but still waiting for surgery in his arm since the cast would fix the broken bones. The boys are doing great in the home of innocence ,It was tough at first to guide them through their usual chores since their uncle was hospitalized, we needed to step in and help them.
Girls are great too ,they now have two live in Aunties and a qualified female security guard. I have been able to help boys with their school work and I love when they ask me to explain something for them it make me feel like I am making a difference in their lives.
After those crisis weeks today I am happy to say I have gone back to normal, I am still conducting the interviews with all the kids and helping in the office where I am needed.
I feel like God has sent me here for a reason and he is still yet to reveal it to me.
I would like to finish this blog thanking some people who haven't left my side and who have been helping either through prayers or financially and love,
Thanks to my parents for always calling to check how I am doing and for everything you do to keep TTR going.
Thanks to my church family for supporting me financially and for praying for my trip I want you all to know I am hanging in and doing what God called me for.
Thanks to Larry and Jeanne Earhart for your generosity giving through my rent. I am very grateful and thankful for your love and care.
Thank you TTI for praying and being with us through prayers during those two intense weeks.
and finally thanks to all TTR staff for being there for the kids and for you love and care towards all the kids in the program.
Special thanks to Juliet Mutamba( TTR child welfare coordinator) for all your over time work and being there for everyone in our program and for keeping up with work and everything.
May God bless you all for your good work, may he keep you safe and may he be there for you as you have been there for his people.
Keep TTR in your prayers as we go through the journey of getting the legal permanence of TTR to keep working in the country as A Rwandan ministry,      

No comments:

Post a Comment